Professional image saboteurs
PROFESSIONAL IMAGE SABOTEURS
I write this article to address some attitudes and mistakes that may ruin your personal and professional image, and block that desired job promotion.
Note that the following lines can change your life (well, it might be a bit exaggerated).
PROFESSIONAL IMAGE SABOTEURS / CRIMES AGAINST PROFISSIONAL IMAGE
There are plenty mistakes that can destroy your personal image and even if we try to nurture the elements of a personal image everyday, image saboteurs come in to fade your image out.
Shall we check them?
- Distortion and depreciation of the body shapes and proportions;
- Ignore personal style;
- To dress like someone much older or much younger;
- To think that repeating clothes is a capital sin (one should not repeat outfits);
- Clothes of inappropriated sizes and models;
- To confuse comfort with neglect;
- Lack of personality;
- Low self-esteem brings insecurities;
- To think that wearing designer clothing means we are perfectly dressed;
- Badly maintained clothes;
- Childish or too much playful details (this is suitable for 8 years old kids);
- Excess necklines (underarms line allowed);
- Visible bottom trousers;
- Visible tummy;
- Too revealing transparencies;
- Flying fabrics;
- Out of the context and too much glitter;
- Exaggerated prints;
- Platform shoes (too high);
- Plastic shoes;
- Shiny, flashy accessories;
- Plastic hair hooks;
- Childish cuffs;
- Outdated look (same 2012 look in 2018);
- Crazy eyebrows;
- Peeled varnish;
- Out placed body hair;
- Excess of perfume / No perfume;
- Bad breath;
- Smell of sweat (catinga);
- Mixed cosmetics;
- Too much make up;
- No make up (relative);
- Outdated hair style;
- Not knowing how to walk in high heels;
- Visible ugly feet;
- Lack of personal care;
- Dirty hair;
- Missing or falling buttons;
- Visible liner (black liner and pink lips, no);
- Colored socks (men, only in carnaval);
- White socks (men, only if imitating MJ)
- Caps at work;
- Propaganda & logos sweaters;
- False tie knots;
- To fold shirt sleeves in the blazer.
I wish you a happy and smooth life!
And no tolerance to saboteurs!